Thursday, May 2, 2013

C4K Summary for April

C4K #1

My first C4K assignment for April was to read a post by Jessica R who is in Mr. Boylen's class. Her post was about what students gain from blogging with students and others outside of her school. Jessica answered that blogging helps students learn to use correct grammar. She said that blogging is worth the time because it allows students to meet new people and learn new things about different people and places.

In my comment, I said that I agreed with her. You can learn so much from blogging. It helps you improve your writing skills, and it allows you to connect with people all over the world.

C4K #2

Nolan S For my second C4K, I read Nebraska post by Nolan S. Nolan is a 4th grader at a school in Nebraska. In his post, he tells us about his home state. He says that Nebraska doesn't have any mountains, and that Nebraska invented 911. The state bird is the meadowlark, and the state tree is the Cottonwood tree. He tells us the state flag and flower, as well! Lastly, he tells us that the state beverage is milk because the diary industry is important in Nebraska.

I commented that Nebraska sounded like a cool place to live, and that I had no clue that 911 was invented there. I proceeded to tell him a few facts about Alabama, like our state bird is the Yellowhammer and our state tree is the Longleaf Pine.

C4K #3

For my third C4K, I read Easter Holiday Writing by Jai, who is a grade four student in Mrs. Morris' class in Australia! In his post, Jai tells us about the camping trip he took to Ballarat, Austrlia during his Easter holiday. He explains that his mother scattered eggs everywhere for him to find, but he didn't get to find all of them because the kangaroos took some of them! For Easter dinner, he says that he had turkey. When he got home from the camping trip, he rode his bike around on a trail in a wildlife sanctuary. He even posted a photo of one of the kangaroos from his trip:

Kangaroo from Jai's trip


I told him that I couldn't believe kangaroos stole some of his Easter eggs! I explained that I had an Easter egg hunt with my family, too, and that it was really fun. I complimented him on his post and told him I hope he'll have fun blogging.

No comments:

Post a Comment